- How does IDP Initiated Logout work
- How does SP Initiated Logout work
- What is the difference between SSO logout methods in Success Factors
- SuccessFactors BizX Platform
IDP Initiated Logout
- User triggers a log out on the IDP side
- The IDP triggers a SAML logout request to the SP
- The SP handles the logout request and terminates the associated session
- The SP replies with a logout response stating the logout was successfully executed.
NOTE: An “IDP-Initiated logout” section is available in Provisioning however it has never been officially supported.
SP Initiated Login
- User triggers a log out on the SP side
- The SP triggers a SAML logout request to the IDP
- The IDP handles the logout request and terminates the associated session
- The IDP replies with a logout response stating the logout was successfully executed.
NOTE: SP initiated logout requires setting up of an Identity Provider URL in provisioning. This URL must be supplied from the Identidy Provider. For information on the behaviour of SP-Initated logout please see the KBA 2674251
SAML, SAML2, Service Provider, Identity Provider, Single Sign On, SSO , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-SSO , Single Sign-on , How To