You are receiving an error message when trying to perform an Revenue Recognition Run.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue Work Center;
- Click Revenue Recognition Sub-View under Periodic Tasks;
- Show All Revenue Recognition Runs;
- Select the Revenue Recognition ID;
- Click View;
- Click Processed With Errors;
- Click Go;
- You will see errors on the revenue recognition;
Error: Account determination group XXXX: G/L account missing for services
There are missing definitions in the account determination. This error is thrown when internal services are processed and only during the Revenue Recognition Run.
You need to maintain suitable G/L Accounts under:
- Business Configuration Work Center;
- Implementation Projects;
- Select the Project and click Open Activity List;
- Click All;
- Open the Activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination;
- Click Costs under Account Determination;
- Select the Account Determination Group which appears on the error message;
- Here you see no Credit for Internal Services nor Debit for Internal Services maintained for Account Determination XXXX;
You need to maintain suitable account determination. After that, the issue shall not occur for the next Revenue Recognition Run.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To