When processing the payment, you receive the error message: Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for International bank transfer missing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Select Automatic Payments view.
- Search for the payment and open it.
- Click on View All.
- Click on Action and select Determine Payment Details.
Here you get the error message Entry in mandatory field Bank Charges Paid By for International bank transfer missing.
This payment is for expense reports and and there is no option found to maintian Bank Charges Paid By in the bank details of the employee master data.
Although the employee expense expense reimbursement and the transactions of the Bank are in same country - still Bank Charges are proposed to be maintained and that too for payment method International Bank Transfer.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Choose the activity Global Settings for Payment.
- Under Payment Method Priorities, Click on Prioritize Bank Accounts and Payment Methods.
The prioritized payment method in sequence is SEPA Credit Transfer and International bank transfer. IBAN and SWIFT/BIC code are mandatory for a SEPA payments. For the Employee XXX there is no Swift Code maintained in their respective Bank Directory ZZZ.
Consequently the system cannot choose a SEPA payment here and that is the reason it is proposing the International Bank Transfer.
It is advised to maintain SWIFT/BIC in the employee's respecitve bank directory to resolve this issue.
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Bank Directory view and Click on the Bank Directory ID.
- In the General Tab maintain SWIFT/BIC and save it.
You may void proposal of your payment which is still with in-preparation status and try to create a new automatic payment after the said setting is maintained.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To