Customer requirements for approval process:
If an employee who belongs to a particular domain registers to any training, then it needs to be approved by his supervisor. Could you please confirm, how can we create such an approval process.
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Creating Custom Approval Roles
Create custom approval roles if you cannot use the default approval role.
Create a domain or organization structure that matches your company, including the hierarchy of organizations or domains. Assign users into the organizations or domains. Configure the global behavior of your approval processes in System Admin Configuration Global Variables Approval Process Settings.
- Go to References ->System Admin-> Approval Roles and click Add New for each approval role you want to create. For example, you might create an approval role called "Training Manager" for each organization. Requests for training within that organization (where organization is the control entity) go through a user in the training manager role and who is controlling that organization.
- For each user that you want to assign to the role, go to Users-> Users-> Approval Role .
- Click add one or more from list and then find the approval role you added, select it, and assign it to the user.
- Click Control Domains or Control Organizations to add the domains or organizations whose employees this user approves for
If you selected domains as your control entity, you see the Control Domains link. If you selected organizations as your control entity, you see Control Organizations. You must add at least one control entity and you can add many control entities to the user. You do not need complete coverage for all domains or organizations because the system falls back to the default processes if you do not add a requester's organization or domain to an approval role and user.
Assign the approval role to an approval process
Custom Approval Process, Domain approval process, Entity approval process , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , How To