- How can I change the default locale/language for new users without the need to specify it in the UDF file?
- When a new user is added to an instance, their default locale is set to en_US by default if the default locale column is left blank, when importing the User Directory File.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- BizX Platform
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Import > import the User Directory File with Default Locale column left blank
- Navigate to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Export > export the User Directory File
- The Default Locale of the newly imported users is en_US.
- For non Employee Central customers, the Default Locale will remain as en_US for newly added users if the Default Locale column is left blank. This is system design and cannot be changed.
- For Employee Central customers, the new user's default language will be the same as the default language setting for your company via the backend in Provisioning. Please contact your implementation partner to have your default language set.
IMPORTANT: Enabling Employee Central and setting a Default Locale after initial import of users will not alter language/default locale for existing users. Meaning they'll still be set to en_US. To change this you will need to reimport them with the desired Default Locale specified.
NOTE: The company default language also affects the default language of other places where localization is applicable. For example, when you create a new Rating Scale or a new Route Map, you have to enter the value in default language locale first which is your Company default language, then you can add translation in other locales.
SF , success factors , EC , Default Locale , Employee Import , UDF , basic import , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To