- Logon failed.
- Unable to connect to Salesforce.
- Failed to refresh a report based off Saleforce.com
- When attempting to logon to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
Details: HY000:A connection attempt failed because the connected
party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[Database Vendor Code: 139 ]'
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert window, double click on the Salesforce connection.
- Enter the Salesforce.com user name and password.
It fails to logon.
- It fails because there is a Proxy configured on the network to connect to the Internet, and the proxy setting is not added to the Salesforce.com connection.
- To add the proxy setting to the Salesforce.com connection for Crystal Reports:
- Navigate to the location of CRConfig.xml file, which is located by default at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\
- Open the CRConfig.xml file in text editor like Notepad.
- Add the following lines to the <SForce> section of the XML file, with your proxy settings:
<ProxyAddress> Add the proxy name here </ProxyAddress>
<ProxyPort> Add the proxy port number here </ProxyPort>
Below is an example of how the xml file will look after adding the proxy setting for the Salesforce.com connection,
if the proxy name is: MyProxy, and the port number: 1234
CR, SForce , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016