- "Picklist is linked to MDF picklist and cannot be updated" error when importing picklist
- Deleted picklist mapping is still visible in the MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist export
SuccessFactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Admin Center > Picklist Management.
2. Select Import picklist(s) option then click on Choose File button to select the picklist file. Set the Are all the Picklists new? to No and Character Encoding to UTF8. Click Submit.
3. Error message is shown as below.
Picklist mapping may not been fully deleted in the backend
1. View the picklist mapping by searching the same by internalId through the page URL.
1. Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition. Select Object Definitions then MDFPicklistToLegacyPicklistMap.
2. Click on Take Action > Make Correction then click Details of the internalId field. Change Visibility from Not Visible to Visible. Click Done then save the changes.
3. Go to Admin Center > Import and Export Data then export the MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist object. Upon export, you may download the export file from Admin Center > Monitor Job.
4. Open the file then check the internalId column for the picklist mapping in question.
KBA , legacy picklist , mdf picklist , picklist , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To