- Unable to download the report in xls or xlsx from Report Designer
- Runtime failure of the report when downloading in xls or xlsx format from Report Designer.
Online Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Login to Analytics/ORD
2. Go to Report Designer -> Preview a report.
3. Download report in xls or xlsx format
4. Check the Report status under "Report distributor download".
5. Report will be in Red status with Runtime failure message.
There can be multiple cause of this issue and one of them is below:
- Measure and Dimension Permissions switch is ON although it is not a WFA instance.
- Measure and Dimension Permissions switch must be turned off for all the non WFA instance. If it is turned ON then it will cause these failures
- Confirm that the instance is not a WFA instance.
- Go to Admin Center
- Follow path : Reporting and Analytics -> Manage Workforce Analytics
- Check if the Switch "Measure and Dimension Permissions" is ON or OFF.
- Turn the switch Off and save
- Try downloading the report again.
xls xlsx Report Designer Runtime Failure Measure and Dimension Permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA-DES , Report Designer , Problem