You have released an invoice successfully. When checking this invoice in the Invoice Volume report, you find the total amount is different than the corresponding journal entry document.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoicing Documents view.
- Open the invocie ABC. (ABC represents the ID of the invoice), the total amount is 2,100 EUR for example. (note that the invoice was relased on 14th Oct and the posting date is 30th Sep).
- Go to the Document Flow view, click on the journal entry icon.
- System then opens the Journa Entry document of this invoice, from here the total amount is 649.215,00 HUF. And the exchange rate from EUR to HUF is 309,15.
- Now, open the report Invoice Volume, run it and filter the invoice ABC.
- You find the total amount in company currency is 641.592,00 HUF. It is different than the Journal Entry total.
The way of currency conversion / exchange rate determined on customer invoice report is different from the financial documents or reports. In this case, customer invoice volume report, system determines the exchange rate based on the time on the release of the invoice, and use the exchange rate active at time moment to calculate the EUR into HUF.
The invoice here was released on 14th Oct, the exchange rate valid at this time is 350,52. So the total of the invoice in HUF is 641.592,00 HUF.
However, in financial part, the exchange rate is picked based on posting date. In this case, the posting date for invoice is 30th Sep. The exchange rate valid on 30th Sep is 309,15. Thus, in the Journal Entry, the total of the invoice in HUF is 2100 * 309,15=649.215,00 HUF.
Additionally, the sales reporting and financial reporting are different following different methodologies. This Invoice Volume report here has no affecting on the financial part.
This is the designed system behavior.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To