- How do you permanently purge users from an instance?
- What is the difference between a soft purge and hard purge?
- User must be purged via Data Retention Management tool first.
- For instructions on how to soft purge users, see KBA 2088065
- To verify the soft purge via data management was successful, you should download the completed report from the maintenance monitor.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- BizX Platform
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- You can now permanently purge users from the front end as part of a new feature introduced with the b1611 release. You no longer will need to create a case with Customer Support for this request.
- To permanently purge user you need to do the following:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Data Retention Management > User Permanent Purge
- Upload the file with the user list for the user you want to purge. If needed you can download a template file to fill in with the userid's. The template is available if you select "Download Example"
- Once the file is submitted, select submit, the job will then run.
- This will generate a job which can be accessed via the schedule job reporting tool (see KBA 2091970)
- Once the job completes, the admin will receive an email outlining the outcome of the permanent purge.
- The soft purge deletes all the users data from your instance. The soft purge refers to the initial purge done via Data Management.
- Once the soft purge is completed successfully you will no longer be able to see the user in your instance. The only information that is retained for the user is their userID and username. This information is retained in the SF Database.
- The hard purge then deletes the retained userID and username from the SuccessFactors Database. The hard purge refers to the user permanent purge feature.
- You have the option to reactivate a soft purged user, see KBA 2392094.
- It is not possible to reactivate a permanently purged user.
SFEC, SFSF, succes factors, SF EC, completely remove user, data management, data mgmt, Hard purge , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , How To