This KBA will explain what the different target scope options, in the filter panel of Dashboard or the People scope selection for Ad Hoc report and Detailed Reporting Live Data, will do.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Online Report Designer (ORD)
- Ad Hoc Builder
- Detailed Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
Please be aware that the labels you will see in this example are standard labels.
The filter panel and people scope provides different filter options which will determine the results you can see in the graphs and the drilldown of tiles, dashboards and reports.
The People Scope options will vary depending on the module (as different modules have different people relationships) but the common concept is “Team View” which uses the manager relationship.
- Team View = only show employees who are direct reports of the viewer. (You can choose how many levels of reports you want to report on).
- Matrix Reports = only show employees who are matrix reports of the viewer.
- Custom Reports = only show employees who are custom manager reports of the viewer.
- HR Reports = Only show employees who are in the HR client group of the viewer.
- Other Filters = configurable per client, where people scope can be built on Dept/Div/Location + custom fields.
Example: User is a Manager of 5 people in her team, but should also be able to see data for Department = Engineering.
This additional target population can be configured in the people scope of a role.
- Click Add to add a new target population
- Select who should get the permission - it could be assigned to a group you created or the predefined groups like managers or all employees.
- In case you selected a group you have to determine the group here
- Select the target group that should be added in the results
- Click done to close this screen
- Click save to ensure your changes will take effect
If the above options have a “level” concept, then you will see a drop down menu that allows you to define how many levels down the data should go, eg. Direct Reports, level 2 (Direct Reports + their Direct Reports), etc.
Please check the main Dashboard KBA for further guides and references:
People Scope, Dashboard 2.0, Filter Panel, Live data, Detailed reporting, Ad Hoc, Ad-hoc, adhoc , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To