LMS admin tries to delete domain restriction, but gets a validation error that it cannot be removed because it is in use.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - all supported versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Domain Restrictions (System Admin > Security > Domain Restrictions)
- Search ID to be removed, click the edit icon.
- Click the Delete button.
- Validation error occurrs.
Either the domain restriction is still assigned to domains or it is still assigned to a role.
Remove all associated domains:
- Access Domain Restrictions (System Admin > Security > Domain Restrictions).
- Search and edit the domain restriction to be deleted.
- Click on the Domains tab.
- Click select all and apply changes to remove the domain restriction ID from those domains.
If the validation error still occurs after removing domains, then check for associated roles.
Check Admin Roles assigned:
- Access Export Data tool (System Admin > Tools > Export Data).
- Select Admin Role from the dropdown menu. Click Next.
- Search and select all roles. Click Add. Click Next.
- Run or schedule the job.
- Click on Continue Exporting Data button.
- The export report will show in the Export Data page. Download the results.
- Excel will open, filter on the domain restriction ID to be deleted.
- Once the roles associated to the domain restriction ID are found, edit the roles and remove the domain restriction IDs.
- To remove the domain restrictions from the roles (System Admin > Security > Role Management > search and edit role), check the Domain Restriction ID on the Workflow Restr., Entity Restr. and Function Restr. tabs of the role and delete the domain restriction ID.
- Apply Changes.
kal, kac, lms, remove, administrator, learning, domain, workflow restriction, entity restriction, function restrction, state restriction , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , How To