We have currently the opportunity to search user by USER ID or EXTERNAL ID.
- What are the differences between this two fields?
- Will EXTERNAL USER substitute the USER ID in the future?
- Where are they mapped and used?
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) 1611 and higher
- PERSON_GUID is an internal identifier string for a person across the entire suite (not external facing) and is unchangeable. Support all relevant user search and API integration.
- EXTERNAL_ID is what the user knows and sees as their SuccessFactors ID (what they see if their profile).
What we will be referencing in searches, reports and user interface over the next several releases to keep the values consistent. Customers who have customized their User search selector will need to include these those fields.
This can be changed when needed.
- We are swapping out STUD_ID for EXTERNAL_ID in 1611 in CSV report outputs.
Release notes in the Community:
Custom User search update:
- External ID
- Bizx integration fields
- USER ID
- External Users vs User ID
SAP SuccessFactors Learning 1608