How to activate external ID in both LMS and BizX?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Provisioning External Learning Users // ONLY DONE BY PARTNER
Provision external Learning users so that when users from the extended enterprise sign up through learning sites, the core SAP SuccessFactors system is ready to receive them.
1. Go to Provisioning.
2. If Enable External Learning User is selected, clear the selection and save.
It is rare that Enable External Learning User would be selected if you have not yet fully engaged this feature. But it could be selected, for example, in a preview environment where you were testing. If it was previously selected, you toggle it off and then back on one time in order to reset the feature.
3. Select Enable External Learning User.
Next Step: Create the role mapping for external users who sign up through external sites. Mapping External Users from Learning Sites to SAP SuccessFactors Roles
Mapping External Users from Learning Sites to SAP: Create a role mapping for external users so that users who log in through SAP SuccessFactors Learning sites are granted the correct permissions.
Prerequisites:Role Based Permissions (RBP) must be enabled.
1. Log in and go to Admin Center.
2. In Tools, click See All.
3. In Search Tools, type Manage Permission Roles and then click Manage Permission Roles.
4. Click Create New Role For External User.
5. In User Type, select External Learner, and then click Done.
6. Type a name and description for the role and then click Permissions. The Permission Settings page opens.
7. In User Permissions General User Settings, select User Login.
8. In User Permissions Learning, select Learning Access Permission. You can select additional permissions. For example, you can grant the external users access to SAP Jam.
9. Click Done. You return to the Permission Role Detail page.
10. Click Add. The Grant this role to... page opens.
11. In Grant role to, select everyone (External Learner).
12. Click Done. You return to the Permission Role Detail page.
13. Click Save Changes.
Next Step: Configure Learning to send the users across from the sites through Enabling Learning Sites to Send External Users to SAP
Enabling Learning Sites to Send External Users to SAP: Enable Learning sites to send external users to SAP SuccessFactors so that when users from the extended enterprise sign up through Learning sites, they have access to other SAP SuccessFactors features.
Prerequisites: Integrate SAP SuccessFactors Learning into the suite. This is typically done at the beginning of an implementation.
If you aren't sure if you are integrated, go to SAP SuccessFactors Learning and then go to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > and open BizX > search for successFactorsLearningEnabled.
If it is set to true, then you are integrated.
Next Step:Provision the external users’ capability through Provisioning External Learning Users. Set up role mapping through Mapping External Users from Learning Sites to SAP SuccessFactors Roles
1. Go to SAP SuccessFactors Learning and then go to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration
2. Click edit for BizX.
3. Find createIntegratedExternalUser and set it to true.
Please note that there is no capability at this time to bulk upload external users in Bizx. Onlyself-created accounts are being created in Bizx.
Please review the following release notes and QA in the Community for additional FAQs:
SAP, SF, Learning, Bizx, LMS, provisioning, platform, EXTERNAL_ID, external user, external id, prerequisites for external user, createIntegratedExternalUser, successFactorsLearningEnabled , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , LMS Integrations , How To