- Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports include nominations of inactive employees.
- Inactive nominees are appearing in the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports.
- Inactive/deleted positions are appearing in the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports.
- SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SuccessFactors Ad Hoc Reports
This is the expected behavior of the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports, since, by default, the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports do not support filtering by inactive incumbents or nominees.
If you wish to retrieve only nominations of active users, it is possible to workaround this limitation by adding filters to the Ad Hoc Reports. This involves two steps:
1 Enable filtering by inactive nominees in the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports
To enable filtering by inactive nominees in the Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports, you will need to configure the "status" standard element in the Succession Data Model. To configure it, you will need to go through a SCR request or engage an Implementation Partner to request the changes. For more information, please see SAP Knowledge Base Article 2252666.
Status standard element definition:
<standard-element id="status" max-length="100" required="true" matrix-filter="false">
2 Build the Ad Hoc Report with the desired filtering
- Go to Reports (Analytics) > Ad Hoc Reports.
- Click “Create New Report” > select “Succession ([Nomination Method])” Domain and click “Create”. In this example, I will use “Succession (MDF Position based nominations)” as this instance uses MDF Position nomination method. For Legacy Position nomination method, you should use "Succession (Position-based nominations)" domain.
- Give a name to the report.
- On the “People” tab, select the desired Report Scope by clicking “Refine Criteria”.
- On the “Columns” tab, click “Select Columns” and select the columns you would like to include in the report. If you completed step 1 (add the “status” standard element), you should see this field available under “Incumbent User Information” and under “Nominee User Information”.
- The “Filters” tab is where you will choose what data will be included in the report. In this example, we want to filter out any nominations where the nominee is an inactive user. This restriction can be extended to filtering out inactive positions and/or inactive incumbents as well. Click “Refine Criteria” > in the “Nominee User Information” tab, select “Nominee Status” > select “By My Selection” and select “Active User”. This will tell the report to retrieve only nominations where the nominee is an active user.
You may also filter out inactive/deleted positions from the report:
- If you are using MDF Positions: Click “Refine Criteria” > in the “Position Information” tab, select “Status” > select “By My Selection” and select “A”. This will tell the report to retrieve only nominations for active positions.
- If you are using Legacy Positions: Click “Refine Criteria” > in the “Position Information” tab, select “Deleted” > select “By My Selection” and select “No". This will tell the report to retrieve only nominations for positions that were not deleted.
- Verify in the Preview if the retrieved data looks correct.
- Save the report.
- 2326604 - Succession Management: “Successor Readiness” tile includes nominations of inactive employees
- 2378409 - Succession Management: Differences between the available Ad Hoc Reports
- 2252666 - SCR Form: Supported XML Software Change Request for Succession Org Chart & Sucession Datamodel - Succession Management
Succession - Ad hoc - Adhoc - reports - Inactive user , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-REP , Reporting and Data Imports Exports , How To