- Can attachments on a MDF object with the attachment type field be added via Import?
- How to add attachments via import for the attachments type field on a MDF object?
- Cannot export attachments on MDF objects?
- How to export attachments from MDF objects?
- Metadata Framework
- (Employee Central features built on MDF)
Importing file attachments for MDF objects with "attachment" field
Please refer to the following article for further information:
- 2257047 - Adding attachments on a MDF Object for attachment type field via Import
- Manually add the column in csv header.
- Create a zip file including the data csv file and insert a sub-directory in the zip, named as "attachments", where all attachment files are stored.
- Provide the right values for the attachment column. Generally, there are 3 cases:
i. You want to set it to a new value whether it originally(before import) has value or not, set it to the file name as 'my.jpg'. Here, my.jpg lies in 'attachments' sub-folder of the zip.
ii. You want to keep the original value(it might be null or not null), set it to no-overwrite marker "&&NO_OVERWRITE&&".
iii. You want to set it to null value, then provide nothing for the column.
Exporting file attachments from MDF objects with "attachment" field
This is currently not possible. Please refer to the following article for further details:
- 2539978 - Exporting attachments from MDF object
MDF, Metadata Framework, import, file attachment, zip file, attachments, import and export data, download, upload , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-FWK-MDF , MDF Framework , How To