A Shared calculated column over Supervisor Name is returning Employee name instead
- SuccessFactors HCM Core
- ODS / Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
When using a Shared Calculated to dispolay "Supervisor Name" the systen return the Employee name instead.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
Step 1 : Create a Query adding the following fields:
- Personal Information : First Name, Last Name and Person ID
- Supervisor Personal Information : Supervisor Name, Supervisor Last Name and Supervisor Person ID
Step 2: Create a Calculated column to concatenate the Supervisor name:
Formula : Value: Supervisor Peron ID - Supervisor First Name - Supervisor Last Name
Now share the calculated column to be used in other query.
Steps 3: Add Calculated Column to the current query:
Result : The Supervisor Name is shown as expected.
Step 4 : Create new Query with the same fields as steps 1 and 2
Add the shared calculated column/ see the result below, the Empoloyee Name is displayed in the Supervisor details instead of the Supervisor Name.
Now Edit the Calculated Column / The Formula has changed to : Value = Person Id - Frist Name- Last Name
Issue has been identified, the Shared calculated column over Supervisor Name is returning the Employee Name
There is a workaround to fix this issue by following these steps:
- Start the New Query with the Supervisor Personal Information : Add Supervisor Person ID, Supervisor First Name and Supervisor Last Name
- Add the Calculated Column / The Calculated column show the Supervisor details
- Now add the Personal Information : Person ID, First Name and Last Name /
- Edit the Calculated Column / the formula is correct as expected: Value: Supervisor Peron ID - Supervisor First Name - Supervisor Last Name
See below screenshot:
- Calculated Column
- Sared calculated Column
- Wrong value for shared Calculated Column
- Advanced Reporting
- Supervisor Calculated Column