- No data appears in a chart or table when you apply a story filter in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- The panel filter (the filter applied from the Designer >> 'Builder' menu) selection does not match the story filter selection after you apply the story filter
- The warning message: No matching data available to display the chart appear in a chart
- In the example below, the Date dimension story filter is "2014" and the chart panel filter is "2015" causing the warning to appear.
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud 2016.21
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story and add a chart or table
- Select the chart and apply a panel filter from the Designer >> Builder tab
- Create a story filter using the filter icon available on the menu bar
- The panel filter applied from the Designer >> Builder tab defines the dataset used by the chart or table
- The filter applied from the story toolbar (story filter) filters the data from the available dataset, which is the one defined by the builder.
- The story filter is the generic filter applied to the whole page (of the story) despite the number of charts; however the dataset available for each chart is defined by the chart builder.
- The story filter takes precendence over the panel filter applied from the Designer >> Builder tab
- Use the story filter as a filter to apply to the whole (story) page despite the number of charts
- Use the chart panel filter to define the dataset available for the chart
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Help portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Community Network portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom Ideaplace forum (for raising enhancement requests)
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud new user handbook
Your feedback is important to help us improve our Knowledge Base Articles (KBA).
Please rate how useful you found this KBA by using the star rating facility at the top of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem