Learning items that are configured with underscores in the ID or description do not return results when user searches catalog for a word which is in the ID.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - all supported versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a learning item with an underscore (e.g. KL_Test Item)
- Add the item to a catalog.
- Access Learning User interface, click browse catalog.
- Search _Test or Test Item - no results are returned.
Catalog search engine is not configured to search for items in this format.
Change the catalogSearchEngine property from DEFAULT to OCCURRENCE_RELEVANCE or PROGRESSIVE_RELEVANCE.
In versions prior to b1608, follow the steps below. If versions b1608 and higher, you can access all catalog related settings in Admin > System Admin > Configuration > Catalog.
- Access LMS Admin > Admin > System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration.
- Click to edit the LMS_ADMIN configuration properties.
- Using (Ctrl+F), search for the term catalogSearchEngine.
- Set it to catalogSearchEngine=OCCURRENCE_RELEVANCE or catalogSearchEngine=PROGRESSIVE_RELEVANCE.
- Apply changes.
browse, not found, _, quotes, quotations, punctuation, "", wildcard, **, lms, learning management, user search, catalogsearchengine, search engine, kal, kac , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem