Supplier Invoice exception not automatically forwarded to the supplier for clarification.
Reproducing the Issue
Settings: In the Business Configuration Activity following Supplier Invoice Exceptions type
- Possible Duplicate
- Missing / Wrong External Information is marked auto forwarded.
- Missing / Wrong Internal Information
- Missing Receipt or Return Document
- Price Variance
- Quantity Variance
Here you define whether an exception message is sent automatically. If you select automatic forwarding, the message is sent to a defined business partner, such as a supplier, buyer, or accountant, who deals with the exception. Manual forwarding of exception messages is always possible.
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the Invoice XYZ.
- Select Post button then the system should forward the exception to the supplier.
Invoice Exception Clarification Output Channel is E-Mail and exceptions were not getting forwarded because the Supplier Master data the primary contact E-mail was not maintained
- Go to Supplier master data work center.
- Open the Supplier XYZ under the General tab.
- Main Communication here maintains the email address.
- Then try to post the Supplier Invoice then the exception is auto forwarded to a supplier for clarification.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To