Current provided standard reports do not fulfill business need when trying to gather more information on data collected by the learning management system. Creating custom reports from scratch or using a standard report as a template to turn into a new custom report may be a solution an administrator can provide to users needing this extra information.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
To create/modify custom reports in LMS you have two options:
- Develop the report on your own using Plateau Report Designer (PRD).
- Request SAP Professional Services to create/modify the report.
1. Developing the report on your own using Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
For this you will need the following:
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
- VJDBC connection established
- Trained personnel in PRD
- Please see our references section for articles to get the latest PRD version (#2318900) and how to request a VJDBC connection (#2171592).
- Regarding PRD training demo, please refer this Wiki page.
- Find the latest standards for developing custom reports here (requires authentication Community post) and see this KBA on how to get the latest guide
- See this KBA for the latest Data Dictionnary 2326249
- Help portal for Hana resources
- We support initial VJDBC connection set up and connectivity issues with the tool.
- For report development requests please see below.
2. Requests /issues with custom reports to SAP
- Request to develop a custom report:
- You would need to contact your CSM or CEE or Sales representative to request them to initiate the contact with the Professional Services team.
- Please note this is a paid service, after reviewing your request, a quote will be issued by the Professional Services team
- Request for support for an already existing custom report:
- If you are contacting us with regards to a custom report which was developed by SAP, please provide details such as an order reference number, the zip file of the report and description of the issue.
- This service may incur additional charges depending on the agreement between the customer and SAP Professional Services at the time of the report development.
- You can post questions and reports in the Community through the custom report forum exchange group (will require you to sign in)
- Learning Resources Blog - Value Series: LRN - 4. Learning Reporting, Part II
- KBA 2739085 - Issues Creating LMS Custom Reports on HANA DB
- KBA 2476697 - Date and Time Formatting in LMS Reports
- KBA 2331643 - Custom Reports Fonts
- KBA 2569051 - To add or update existing Logo in reports
- KBA 2222558 - Report theme logo or image not updated after replacing the Plateau Report Library file
KBA 2747000 - Learning Custom Reports : ANSI Standards and Handling Dates and Datetime Conversions.
- For the HANA Migration, a special process was built to support customers in their transition of custom reports over to the new DB standards. This process optimized and made the reports compatible with the new database architecture. Now that the migration of customers has been completed, this special support has ended.
SAP, SuccessFactors, learning, custom reports, Plateau Report Desinger, PRD, Professional Services, Managed Services, vjdbc, out of scope, designer, Hana , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ACT , Accomplishments , LOD-SF-LMS-PRD , Plateau Report Designer , Problem