Customer wants to know how to activate and restrict MDM for mobile and other information pertaining to this.
SuccessFactors Bizx Platform
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is a third party solution that securely manages mobile devices. The SAP Successfactors suite integrates with these solutions to ensure successful deployment and activation of the Successfactors mobile application.
Three different activation scenarios are allowed by Successfactors-MDM integration which are easily enabled through SF website:
- Simple Activation
- Restrict activation to managed devices
- One-step activation and single sign on
1. Navigate to Admin Center ->Tools -> Mobile -> Enable Mobile Features -> Mobile Device Management.
2. Copy the SFSF_DomainName and SFSF_Instance values to your MDM system as an App Managed Configuration.
3. Check MDM solution if these keys and values were successfully pushed to mobile before installing the SF mobile application on device. Please note that these are case-sensitive and must not have trailing spaces.
4. Enter username and password to activate. SSO can be configured on the backend system with the certificate supplied on MDM side.
Restrict activation to managed devices
1. Navigate to Admin Center -> Tools -> Mobile -> Enable Mobile Features -> Mobile Device Management.
2. Check Restrict Activations to managed devices.
3. Copy the key pair listed on this section.
4. Add these to your MDM solution for these to be pushed on your mobile device. It is recommended to wait for a week for the key pair to propagate.
5. Click Turn On to begin restricted activation.
One-step activation and Single Sign On
1. Follow instructions on Simple Activation section
2. Follow the instructions on your MDM solution to generate authentication certificate to mobile device.
MDM vendors currently supported:
- VMware AirWatch (iOS)
- MobileIron (iOS)
- SAP Mobile Secure (iOS and Android)
Android devices supported are listed here:
MDM, mobile, android, activation , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To