This is quick KBA to clarify which Scheduled Jobs that need to be submitted in provisioning in order for the SF User Connector to synchronize user data between BizX and the LMS.
BizX & Learning Management System (LMS)
There are currently four possible jobs that can be submitted in provisioning which are responsible for extracting data from the Employee Profile in BizX and placing the respective input file on the SF distributed SFTP (web server for the corresponding integrated LMS system); ready for the SF User Connector to retrieve and process. These are as follows:
- Employee Export job - Responsible for creating the user_data_XXX.txt file containing a full feed of user data (ALL users in BizX Employee Profile) as defined in the user data model
- Delta Employee Export job - Also responsible for creating user_data_XXX.txt file but only contains user data that has changed in an existing Employee Profile since the last export job*
- Live Profile Export job - Responsible for creating extended_user_data_XXX.txt file containing full feed of extended user data (ALL users in BizX Employee Profile) as defined in the extended user data model
- Delta Live Profile Export job - Also responsible for creating extended_user_data_XXX.txt file but only contains user data that has changed in an existing Employee Profile since the last export job*
* Delta jobs only extract data that has changed for existing users since the last export job. Newly created users in BizX will only be extracted by the next Employee Export and Live Profile Export jobs (referred to as full feed).
The jobs mentioned above can be ran as a once off job or scheduled on a recurring basis. Once these jobs are scheduled and submitted the SF User Connector in the LMS can be scheduled accordingly.
To reduce the load on the connector background job server it is highly recommended that delta jobs are ran on a recurring daily basis and full feeds are ran less frequently; for example, on a weekly basis. This is because a data file containing ALL your BizX user data (full feed) will take much longer for the connector to process.
BizX; LMS; Scheduled Jobs; Employee Export Job; Live Profile Job; Delta; Full feed; SF User Connector; user_ata file; extended_user data file. , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To