You are trying to reverse and repost the Migrated Customer Invoice from the Source Documents in the General Ledger work center but you get the error message:
Document Cannot be Reversed and Reposted Because of Tax Item
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Source Documents subview.
- And search for your Source Document ID of the Customer Invoice.
- Click on Actions tab and select View Business Transaction.
- Click on button Reverse and Repost.
There is a reason why reposting for Migrated items is not allowed is because we do not support some Tax-related Data Migration. Due to this when the reposting of an open item happens it may not happen consistently and later the customer smay run into issues.
You can only Reverse a migrated Customer Invoice only cannot Reverse and Repost it.
If incase Reverse is also is not an option for you. You may consider the below approach
- Go to Receivables work center and choose the Customers view.
- Select the Customers Accounts subview.
- Choose Customer XYZ, and then select View.
- count View andMonitor > Trade Receivables view and you will on top New Charge/Credit option
A New Charge/Credit item may be created in the account where the items have been wrongly posted. This New Charge/Credit item can be cleared with the erroneous items through Clear Manually. The user may maintain a Description in the New Charge/Credit item that
can indicate what it was created for.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To