- How to enable the custom navigation feature?
- You can control visibility of a custom navigation links by selecting the permission roles and groups who should be able to view the link.
- This functionality requires role-based permissions (RBP).
- If you are using role-based permissions, you see a Permission column in the 'Configure Custom Navigation' tool.
- User should be granted with "Manage Role-Based Permission" access to be able to use Configure Custom Navigation Tool.
- If you are using the legacy permission model, this column does not appear.
Enabling the feature
Contact SuccessFactors Support to enable 'Configure Custom Navigation' option from provisioning.
You can set permissions to view custom links directly within the 'Configure Custom Navigation' tool.
You do not need to edit permission roles in role-based permissions.
For each custom navigation link, you can select one or more permission roles or permission groups.
1. Go to >> Admin Center >> Company Settings >>Configure Custom Navigation
2. Use the Permissions dropdown menu to select one or more roles or groups
3. Click Save
If permissions are defined, only members of the specified permission roles and groups can see that particular navigation link.
If no permission is defined, the link is visible to all users by default.
Suppose that, in some countries, you use Employee Central as your core HCM system of record, while in other countries you use an on-premises HCM system.
E.g. If employees based in Germany still use an on-premise system, you can create a custom navigation link to that system that's only visible to German employees.
To configure the above you create a permission group for German employees and make the custom navigation link only visible to users in this group:
'Configure Custom Navigation' Custom Navigation , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-NAV , Custom Navigation , How To