Users wishes to add a custom field/column of a certain data type in LMS, for example, data type Numeric.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
All custom fields are created as type Char. There is only the option to select the custom column as Referenced. For creating custom columns, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to System Admin->Custom Columns;
- Select the type of record for creating a Custom Column (User, Class, Item, etc.);
- Select "Add New";
- Fill the Column Number and Label for the new custom column;
- Select the "Referenced" checkbox accordingly;
- If the checkbox is checked, the custom column will be referenced;
- Leaving unchecked, the custom column is created as Free Text.
For referenced Custom Columns you can Edit it and Add References to it (which are the values available to be selected for the Referenced Custom Column). For the References, you provide a Reference ID and a Description.
custom column; character; data type; Create; Referenced; unreferenced; , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To