You have created an extension field in your PDI solution and extended to Employee screen, but the field is not visible for some employees.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to UI.
- Navigate to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees View.
- Open an Employee's record.
- The extension field is missing.
You have assigned a restriction for the particular employee in the UI Designer in viewing the extension fields from a particular section.
If you want to make the extension field visible for the particular employee then you have to remove the restriction. You can follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the UI designer of the screen.
- Select the relevant tab where you have added the field.
- Select the section in which the extension field belongs to.
- Open Extensibility Explorer.
- Select the respective entity. from the list.
- Click on Change Section Group button.
- Corresponding XML will be opened as shown in the image attached above.
- You can see that for that particular user the parameter ChangeFieldVisibility fieldModelID is set as True.
- You can either set this to false or remove the restriction.
Note: This scenario can be applicable for documents/ records in different application components.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To