Below are current known limitations in Business ByDesign HTML5 UI.
HTML UI permanent limitations
1. Technology limitations
1.1. In Internet Explorer 11 do not support embedded display of PDF content. This issue is due to an Internet Explorer 11 limitation - the PDF content gets displayed on top of the pop-over content making pop-over non-interactable.
1.2. In the Form Template Maintenance User Interface, editing the template (under 'Open' button dropdown) with Adobe LiveCycle Designer is not available in HTML5 UI
1.3. Data Migration Screens, such as the Migration Tool are browser dependent. It is supported in Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome only.
1.4. Display status of currently installed software is not possible in HTML UI. In Silverlight UI, Install Additional Software screen shows the status of the installed software on end user’s local system via a Green square symbol (latest version is installed) or yellow triangle (A newer version is available to install) or white circle (software is not installed).
2. Deprecated features
2.1. ‘Icon view' for attachments. In Silverlight UI, attachments feature provides option to switch between 'icon view' and 'tabular view'. The HTML UI does not support ‘Icon view' for attachments. Attachments will be displayed in tabular view.
2.2. Printed content of Gantt chart, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagram, Hierarchical graph are different in Silverlight and HTML UI. Currently it is not planned to implement Silverlight way of printing in HTML UI for these controls.
2.3. Quick filter in analytics report screen is not supported.
2.4. The Report Gallery is supported in the HTML5 UI
2.5. Merging of table cells based on merge rules on certain table display is not yet implemented
HTML UI limitations planned to implement in future releases
Limitation in Reporting / Analytics
3. The bottom progress indicator of reports while loading is not yet available in the HTML5 UI.
Core UI Control limitations
4. Highlight the input field on clicking on the validation error message. In Silverlight UI, on clicking the error message the associated field is highlighted and the focus is set on the erroneous field. This feature is not yet supported in HTML5 UI.
5. The Learning Center Video Playback is not yet supported in HTML5 UI.
6. Using up arrow key to select last item in a dropdown list will not work in HTML5.
7. Button hotkeys / shortcuts such as 'Ctrl + Alt + S' for Save; 'Ctrl + Shift + A' for View All are not yet supported in HTML UI.
8. The Multi Delivery Schedule Lines icons are not greyed out when there is only one delivery date for an Item in Purchase Order Acknowledgments.
9. The capability to make input field mandatory is not supported in cases where the field is used inside a table or if the fields data is bound to a row of a table. This is not supported in both Silverlight and HTML UI. In future release of HTML UIs we will introduce new check in personalization and adaptation UIs to not allow setting these fields mandatory.
10. Attachment of files with size greater than 100 MB.
Content limitations on productive systems
Following restrictions apply for productive systems as testing whole scenarios in HTML UI is not yet completed. These screens are available in test systems for customers to test.
Following work center views are not supported on productive systems:
In the Work center 'Application and User Management' the work center view
1. 'Text Pool Definition'
Activities not available in HTML UI on productive systems
1. Activity 'New -> SAOP service'
Work center 'Application and User Management', Work center view 'Mashup Webs Services', Activity 'New -> SAOP service'
2. Activity 'New Data Mashup'
Work center 'Application and User Management', Work center view 'Mashup Authoring', Activity 'New Data Mashup'
SAP Business ByDesign
limitations, HTML5, ByDesign , KBA , limitations , html5 , bydesign , AP-RC-UIF-RT-B , ByD HTML5 Client (not for Cloud for Customer) , Product Enhancement