You have executed a Balance Confirmation Run for Suppliers whose Balance is 0.00 XXX (where XXX is the currency in use)
Once the run is completed and you open the Logs, you notice that no Balance Confirmation has been created for them if you navigate to the General tab: "No balance confirmation created"
If you navigate to the Results tab, messages displayed are as such:
No accounts have open items for the specified key date
Selection criteria for the account do not match or no account found
You have noticed as well that for other Balance Confirmation Runs, some Suppliers whose Balance is also 0.00 XXX had a Balance Confirmation created.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Open the Payables work centre
2. Navigate to the Periodic tasks View, select Balance Confirmation Run
3. Click on the New button, maintain the relevant data for your run. You can either select the Suppliers manually or go for automatic selection
4. Execute the run immediately.
5. Navigate back to the Balance Confirmation Runs, select your last run and show All Logs. Click on the Log ID.
6. Navigate to the General tab, summarising messages, it reads: "No balance confirmation created"
7. Navigate to the Results tab, two more messages are displayed:
"No accounts have open items for the specified key date"
"Selection criteria for the account do not match or no account found"
You do not understand these results since for other runs, other Suppliers with Balance = 0.00 XXX were assigned a Balance Confirmation stating that no open items were available.
This is the expected system behaviour.
If all Suppliers included in the run have a Balance which is equal to 0.00 XXX at the time of the Run, no Balance Confirmation will be created for them.
If you have a need to produce a document for these Suppliers, make sure to include Suppliers who have open items available at the Cutoff Date selected for the Balance Confirmation Run. In that case, all Suppliers will get a Balance Confirmation created that can then be printed or sent by email.
2196437 - Balance Confirmation Run for Cleared Items
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To