- Bubble color incorrect.
- Color of the bubble change when drilling down.
- When drilling down on a bubble in a Bubble Chart in Lumira, the bubble color is not retained.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.x
Reproducing the Issue
- In Lumira Desktop, create a Bubble Chart.
- Drill-down on one of the bubble.
Notice the color of the bubble changed.
In the above example, notice the color changes from blue to green, when the expectation will be for the color to stay blue when drilling down on USA.
- This is expected behavior. The color change when drilling-down on a bubble in the Bubble Chart because, by default, the bubble color displayed is dynamically assigned based on a pre-determine range of colors. Therefore the first item will always be green, the second blue, the third orange,... therefore when drilling down, the color of the bubble will change because the number of items will be less in the drill-down, and since the color of the bubble is dynamically assigned based on the order, it is most likely going to have a different color.
- To ensure the color does not change when drilling-down on a bubble in a Bubble Chart, manually assign a color for each bubble in the Bubble Chart.
- In Lumira Desktop, open your Lumira document.
- Add your Bubble Chart visualization to a story.
- Still in the "Compose" room, select one bubble, and on the right pane called "Board Settings", set the bubble color to the desired color.
- Select a second bubble, and set it to a desired color.
- Repeat the same step for each bubble on the Bubble Chart.
Now, when drilling down on a bubble on the Bubble Chart, it will retain the bubble color, since we now have explicitely assigned a color to it.
Lums, BubbleChart, Bubble graph , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0