While creating a Purchase Order, the subjected error is triggered
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Navigate to New Purchase Order in common tasks.
- Enter all necessary details (where supplier B's currency is X and company A's currency is Y).
- Select button check you will get the error.
No exchange rate maintained between currencies X and Y for Rate Type Z.
To maintian the exchange rate between currencies X and Y for Rate Type Z follow the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects.
- Open Activity List.
- Navigate to Fine Tuning.
- Search forActivity Tax on Goods and Services.
- Then select Currency Conversion Type.
Here you can see that for country of company A whose currency is Y, exchange rate type has been maintained as Z.
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Select Edit Exchange Rates in common tasks.
Where you can see for rate Z there is no entry against the currencies X and Y is maintained.
It is necessary to either maintain the desired exchange rate between currencies X and Y for rate type Z or change this setting and make the rate type as default instead of Z
Note: The Purchase orders created after mainaining the exchange rate only will consider the changed/ newly created exchange rates automatically, however for the already created purchase orders kindly do a dummy change in the purchase order like mentioned below
- Remove the quantity on one line item and then click on check button
- Then Re-enter the same quantity and then click on check button again ( no error occurs)
- Finally click on order button
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To