After Forward Propagation for Compensation was enabled in Company System and Logo Settings, an application error is now returned when adding new records or making corrections in Compensation Information portlet
SuccessFactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Company System and Logo Settings.
2. Enable the Forward Propagation for Compensation Information then scroll down to the bottom of the page then click "Save Company System Setting" to apply the changes.
3. Go the any employee's Compensation Information History then click Insert New Record.
4. Select an Event and Event Reason for the change.
5. Add a new pay component or make any changes to the existing pay component's amount/currency/frequency then save the changes.
Upon saving, an application error is being returned.
The exception is returned if the field Calculated Amount (calculated-amount) is missing from the Succession Data Model under the payComponentRecurring element.
NOTE: Product Support - please see Internal Note for log example
To resolve the issue, add the Calculated Amount field to the Sucession Data Model or through the Business Configuration (BCUI) tool.
To add the field using BCUI:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Business Configuration.
2. Go to payComponentRecurring element then click on Take Action > Make Correction.
3. Under Identifier column, select calculated-amount then set the field label accordingly then click on Details link.
4. On the Details window, set visibility to default (View) then click Done. If you would like to make the field visible on UI, then change visibility to Edit.
5. Click Save to apply the changes.
If "Manage Business Configuration" (BCUI) is not enabled, kindly raise a support ticket to Cloud Product Support for assistance in adding the field to the data model.
Forward Propagation for Compensation Compensation Information Application error Recurring Pay Component payComponentRecurring Calculated Amount , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Comp Info,Recurring & Non Recurring , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem