Where can we find a guide on how to use Date Options in Advanced Reporting?
We need to either:
- Report only on records effective or valid as of today
- Retrieve only results for a certain date range, or to set a specific time span in which to show results
or (assuming that this is not a data sync issue)
- The report or query displays all results, even outdated records (effective date ended)
- The report or query does not show all, or none, of the expected values based on effective date or latest changes in Employee Central (EC)
SuccessFactors Reporting & Analytics
The Date Options function in Advanced Reporting allows a user to set specific time spans in which to show results. The guide attached to this article explains in detail what each of these options are and how they can affect the results in an Advanced Reporting query.
Date Options available:
- Show All: Shows all available data with no restrictions on the date of the data
- Current Date: Show the data that is applicable “today”. Note that “today” is a moving target. Eg: if today is July 10th, it will show records that were current on July 10th. On July 11th, the query will show records current for July 11th.
- As Of Date: Shows the records that are applicable on the selected date.
- Date Range (On Start Date): Shows the records that started within the selected date range.
- Date Range (Validity): Shows the records that either started or ended within the selected date range.
- Driving Table Start Date (note this option is only available on Related Tables): Shows the records that were applicable on the Start Date on the Driving Table.
This guide is also available at the SAP SuccessFactors Community site:
Date Options, As of Date, Current Date, Date Range, Advanced Reporting date filters, date options ORD, online report designer date filters , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , How To
|Advanced Reporting - Overview of Date Options.pdf|