Appointment SMS triggered from the workflow rule has not been received by the Attendee/Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Activities work center.
- Go to the Appointments view.
- Create a New Appointment.
- Add the customer ID XYZ as the attendee.
- Save the appointment.
- With the save action the workflow rule deifned has to trigger an SMS to the attendee, however in this case the customer XYZ has not received any SMS.
The mobile number format and the field where it is defined is not correct.
The problem is not in the SMS or workflow but the master data maintained for the attendee which is Customer ID XYZ.
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Search and open the account ID XYZ.
- Go to the Address tab.
- Here you can find two fields Mobile_Number and Mobile.
- Mobile_Number is custom field and Mobile is standard field.
If above does not help, please request your SMS Gateway Provider to analyze this issue at their end.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To