- What are the different Range Types in WFA Tree Security.
- Difference between different Range Types in WFA Tree Security.
- Tree Security is comprised of 1 or more Rules. These rules are combined to define the full view of the dimension that is accessible to the user.
- Rules can be Include or Exclude rules.
- Include means to specifically identify the nodes of the tree that are accessible, whereas Exclude means to have access to all nodes EXCEPT those identified.
Include rules can have one of three range types:
- Open Ended – choose a top node and access to the defined node and all nodes below that point in the structural dimension will be given.
- Horizontal – choose a top node and access to the defined node and any node that is an immediate descendant or child of that node will be given.
- Vertical – choose a top node and bottom node and access will be given to both of these nodes along with any nodes in the hierarchy between them.
Exclude rules can only be Open Ended.
- Choose the top node and drag it onto the colored Top Node zone. This will give access to the entire tree EXCEPT for the defined node and its descendants.
WFA Tree Security Range Types Open Ended Vertical Horizontal , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To