You are receiving the error Error due to unsupported formatting in the CSV file when uploading a CSV file in Data Workbench Workcenter.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the HTML5 client
- Go to Data Workbench workcenter
- Go to the Import tab
- Select the radio button Individual Objects
- Go to Import/ Upsert/ Update tab
- Select the object XYZ (where XYZ represents the object in Data Workbench)
- Select Next and Browse for the CSV file
- Select Upload
- System throws the error
The error is caused because the data in your file contains special characters, but the text was not maintained with quotes.
When there is a special character in text, you must maintain all the text quotated with double quotes.
E.g: "Text with special chara@cter!!"
Whenever there is a quoted sentence in text, you must maintain an extra double quotes.
e.g: "Simple text ""Quoted sentence in text"" Text"
Error due to unsupported formatting in the CSV file, Upload not possible; Unsupported file format , KBA , unsupported file format , upload not possible , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To