- When promoting a BI Workspace document, only the main tab of the workspace remains in the object on the destination system.
- Additional tabs do not exist in the BI Workspace
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0, 4.1, 4.2)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new BI Workspace in BI Launchpad
- Add additional tabs with content
- Log into the Central Management Console
- Open Promotion Management
- Create a New Job which contains the BI Workspace
- Promote the BI Workspace to a destination system
The additional tabs of a BI Workspace are dependencies of the main tab and are not included in the promotion by default
- Create/Edit the job on the Promotion Management machine
- If it doesn't existing already, include the required BI Workspace
- Select 'Manage Dependencies'
Here you can select the dependencies of object within the job
- Find the BI workspace in the 'Objects in Job' column
- Select the checkbox(es) next to the names of the tabs you wish to promote
- Click 'Apply & Close'
- Now promote the job as normal
You will see the BI workspace listing in the Summary, along with the names of the addition tabs
LCM , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem