You are unable to release a price list, such as a Customer Specific Price List, after saving your changes, because some Products show as Not Released, but the price list, on header level, has the status 'Released'.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Click on the Pricing view and then on 'Price Lists' sub view.
- Open the respective price list.
- Modify the data (e.g. dates or prices).
- Save the changes.
- You can see that the Release button is not enabled.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- You can see that some Products have the status Not Released.
Due to an internal technical buffer handling issue, it might happen that some products in the price list are not released, even though the price list header is released.
SAP is already aware of this and is working to permanently solve it in the future releases.
For the affected price list, you need to perform a dummy change for one of the products in the items tab, e.g. by changing the amount, pressing the enter key on your keyboard and then changing the price back to the its original value. The header status will then change and it will again be possible to release the price list.
To avoid this issue, you can use either workaround described below:
- After adding a new product into the price list, don’t save the price list, instead use the Release action in the User Interface (the Release will save the price list internally and then trigger the release action).
- After adding a product price in the price list, Save the price list and then Close it. Reopen the price list via the Edit button and then Release it.
price list, release button, greyed out, product and service portifolio, pricing , KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To