You are attempting to create a Fixed Asset and while posting the acquisition, system displays the error Period control missing for fiscal year variant of valuation view ABC, set of books XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets Work Center.
- Go to Fixed Assets View.
- Click on New button and then Fixed Asset.
- Complete the details and click on Save and Close button.
- Select the newly created Fixed Asset with Status as In Process.
- Click on Manual Posting button and then Acquisition.
- Complete necessary information and click on Post button.
- System displays the error Period control missing for fiscal year variant of valuation view ABC, set of books XYZ.
Period Control Key is not defined in the Period Control Settings of the Fixed Asset.
In order to resolve this issue it's necessary to maintain the Period Control Definition for the missing Period Control Key in the Business Configuration Other Fiscal Year activity. In case this activity cannot be found, then it's necessary to scope it.
"Period Control Methods and Keys" Help Document
"Depreciation Methods" Help Document
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To