You try to run/preview a standard report and get an error message:
[Error rendering List Report component]
When you try to validate the report an error mentions that a Realm Table is missing although you have configured the objects as expected. e.g. in this case for the for the metadata objects there is a relationship between Business Unit and Legal Entity
Table 'FOUNDATION_OBJECTS_VIEW_GENERIC_RELATIONSHIP_BusinessUnit_LegalEntity' is not found
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the affected instance
- Analytics - Analytics sub tab
- Run or Create a report/query based on the Foundation Object and the Business Unit and Legal Entity table
- When you try to run/preview the report an error message occurs: [Error rendering List Report component]
- Table 'FOUNDATION_OBJECTS_VIEW_GENERIC_RELATIONSHIP_BusinessUnit_LegalEntity' is not found
If the Business Unit and Legal Entity objects are correctly configured the issue may be caused by an inconsistent system behaviour.
The issue is caused by duplicate associations in our metadata framework (MDF) metadata.
The issue is being fixed in 1611.
In the meantime a workaround is available to fix the issue. The workaround needs to be implemented by our Engineering team for this reason a Support incident must be created with all the necessary information to check and reproduce the issue.
In this case after the fix was applied the existing reports using the ‘Business Unit’ & ‘Legal Entity’ + new queries based on the Foundation Object category all work as expected.
It was then possible to preview the report, Validate without error and possible to select the navigation (arrow) from the Business Unit to the Legal Entity object as per below.
- Object Associations
- Realm Table not found
- Object Navigation
- Standards Reports