Is it possible to create several Inbound Deliveries for the same Outbound Delivery in a Stock Transfer scenario?
Use case: The Outbound Delivery was shipped in two parcels arriving at separate times. One of the parcels accidently got left behind. The Customer wants to process the two parcels separately, creating a first Inbound Delivery when the first parcel arrives, then a second Inbound Delivery when the second one arrives.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inbound Logistics work center, choose the Inbound Delivery Notifications view.
- Show Not Released Delivery Notifications.
- Find 123 (123 represents the Inbound Delivery Notification ID).
- Click Post Goods Receipt.
- In Items tab, click Propose Quantity.
- Enter XX each (XX represents the quantity delivered in the first parcel).
- Choose Save and Close.
Inbound Delivery 456 is created (456 represents the Inbound Delivery ID).
Inbound Delivery Notification 123 is no longer available in Not Released Delivery Notifications. The remaining goods cannot be posted.
It is not possible to create multiple Inbound Deliveries for one Stock Transfer Outbound Delivery. You can only associate one Inbound Delivery to an Outbound Delivery/Inbound Delivery Notification.
To handle this scenario, you have to create several Stock Transfer Outbound Deliveries.
The existing Outbound Delivery can be adjusted and its quantity can be reduced. Then you can create another Outbound Delivery for the remaining quantity arriving in second parcel and create a new Inbound Delivery for this Outbound Delivery.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Product Enhancement