Following are the generic queries on Mass Data Maintenance:
1. Can you delete a file which has been imported in Mass Data Maintenance?
No, you cannot delete a file once it has been uploaded and processed in Mass Data Maintenance.
2. You are processing files using Mass Data Maintenance and there is no Delete button to delete an unsuccessful file. You want to understand if there is an option to delete the failed files.
No, it is not possible to delete any unsuccessful or failed files from Mass Data Maintenance.
3. Can you re-use the file which has errors during import in Mass Data Maintenance?
Yes, you can re-use the file which has errors while importing the data. You can perform the required changes and re-import the same file.
4. Can we use control characters in Mass Data Maintenance import file?
No, C4C does not support control characters. Hence, the text following the control characters are skipped in the UI. Example: "", /, etc.
5. How to display special characters in .csv export file?
Special characters are not supported in unicode and CSV files are generated with unicode encoding. Open the exported file in text format in a notepad to show the special characters properly.
6. How to change Mobile number or Phone number in Address facet of Accounts?
You cannot use Migration of Customers to change/modify the Phone number in Address tab of Accounts. So, you can use Mass Data Maintenance. However, if you have to change any of the fields using Mass Data Maintenance, you need to fill all the existing values for Mobile, Fax and E-mail in the import template as they are connected with single node. Else, the existing values can be lost from the master data.
7. I have removed the file header, why can't I use it?
The header in files downloaded from Mass Data Maintenance is used to identify if these files are valid for use in this tool. If you remove the header, the file cannot be used anymore.
8. Is it possible to use decimal notation and csv delimiter as the same character?
No. If the decimal notation is the same as the csv delimiter, then the mass data maintenance will try to delimit the values with the decimal notation, resulting in an error with the csv.
9. Is it possible to use the migration templates (CSV or XML) from the migration tool in the Mass Data Maintenance?
No. The template files from the migration tool are not compatible with the Mass Data Maintenance.
Mass Data Maintenance, FAQ on MDM, frequently asked questions on Mass Data Maintenance, mdm faq , KBA , LOD-LE-MIG-MWB , LEAP Migration workbench , How To