- You are using SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and want to connect to a data source in your network: SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Universes, SQL Server databases, MySQL databases, BPC etc.
- You get an error message when trying to connect to an on-premise datasource.
- You are trying to connect to a file stored in a file server.
- How to import data from local on-premise data sources to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant?
SAP Analytics Cloud
Acquisition / acquired Data / import data connection sources: BW, ERP, SQL Server, OData etc.
SAP Analytics Cloud requires the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent installed within your network to access resources / servers located in your network.
Note: The SAP Analytics Cloud agent is required for all import data connections except SAP BPC NW, SAP BPC for BW/4HANA, OData Services, and SAP S/4HANA.
The steps indicated in this article are related to importing data into SAP Analytics Cloud. For Live connections, please refer to the article 2589761 and the product documentation: Live Data Connection.
To install the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent, follow these steps:
- Installation and configuration of the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector. (for setting up the Cloud Connector with your subaccount and S-User, please refer to the article 2397165 - How do I configure SAP HANA Cloud Connector and Agent with SAP Analytics Cloud?)
- Deploying the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- If you are planning to connect to SAP BW and ERP systems, deploy the SAP JCO connectors.
- Configure Access Control in the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector.
- Configure the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent in your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
For the most up-to-date documentation, see your specific Connections in the help guide or find step-by-step guides on different data sources at: https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/resources/data-connections.
For step-by-step instructions to perform the steps above read this Blog below in the SAP Analytics Cloud Community:
If you experience problems, follow this guide to troubleshoot each of the different elements required:
Below are additional articles, guides and known issues for each component:
SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant
- 2288285 - What data sources are supported with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud?
- 2353843 - Cannot refresh on premise data in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud after tenant updated
SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- 2531819 - Troubleshooting errors importing SAP Universe (UNX) in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2697026 - Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent & "error code":"rawError":"ERROR_RUNTIME_EXECUTION" in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2319141 - FWM 20030 when importing data from a Universe into SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2322466 - Error HTTP Status 500 when testing the installation of the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- 2361117 - SAP Analytics Cloud gives "Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent"
- 2367385 - SAP Analytics Cloud Agent logs show "Connect to SAP gateway failed"
SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (SAPCP SCC / HCC)
- 2305230 - Error: Connection to the Universe failed. Ensure that SAP Cloud for Analytics Agent is configured correctly.
- 2408342 - An authorization problem occurred when downloading the configuration
- SAP Community Blog - How To reset SAP HANA Cloud Connector(SCC)’s built-in user (e.g. Administrator) password
- 2756842 - An internal server error occurred in the Data Acquisition Service in SAP Analytics Cloud
SAP Operations Configuration Required
- 2397165 - How do I configure SAP HANA Cloud Connector (HCC) and Agent with SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2328435 - SERVER_ERROR_500 /deploymentInfo error message appears in BusinessObjects Cloud when creating Import Data Connection
- 2330862 - SERVER_ERROR_500 "Failed to call remote system on /service/api/epm/proxy..." while creating new Import Data Connection in BusinessObjects Cloud
- 2354809 - SAP BusinessObjects Cloud gives "Failed to call SAP BusinessObjects Cloud agent"
- 2417769 - You can't find the SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD AGENT (C4A_AGENT.war) in the download area of SAP Support Portal
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
acquire, acquisition, import, importing, datasource, onpremise, sql, unx, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, bobj , SAP Analytics Cloud, SCC, HCC, SAC, SAP CP CC, SCPCC , KBA , odestdata is undefined , boc agent , onpremise , cloud agent , acquire , businessobjects cloud , c4a_agent , import , epm, sap cloud for planning, sc4p, c4p, , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem