- You are using SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and want to connect to a data source: SAP BW, SAP BW/4HANA, SAP Universes, SQL Server databases, MySQL databases, BPC etc. (for a full list of supported datasources see: Data Connectivity – Import).
- You get an error message when trying to connect to on-premise datasources.
- You are trying to connect to a file stored on a file server.
- How to import data from local on-premise data sources into your SAP Analytics Cloud system?
- See the new SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide that provides an overview and detailed guidelines for administrators on how to connect SAP Analytics Cloud to your data.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Acquisition / acquired Data / import data connection sources: BW, ERP, SQL Server, OData etc.
- SAP Analytics Cloud agent
- SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector
- SAP Analytics Cloud requires the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent and SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector installed within your network to access resources / servers located in your network.
- Note: The SAP Analytics Cloud agent is required for all import data connections except SAP BPC NW, SAP BPC for BW/4HANA, OData Services and SAP S/4HANA.
- The steps indicated in this article are related to importing (acquiring) data into an SAP Analytics Cloud model (See understanding model types).
- For live connections, see 2589761 and the product documentation: Live Data Connections.
- To install the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent, use the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit using the help guide: SAC Agent Simple Deployment Kit help guide.
- See the SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide that provides an overview and detailed guidelines for administrators on connecting SAC to your data source.
- In general, the steps are:
- Install and configure the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector. Includes setting up the SAP Cloud Platform (SAP CP) Cloud Connector with your subaccount and S-User, refer to 2397165 - How do I configure SAP HANA Cloud Connector and Agent with SAP Analytics Cloud?.
- Deploying the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- If you want to connect to SAP BW and SAP ERP systems, deploy the SAP JCO connectors.
- Configure access control in the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector.
- Configure the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent in your SAP Analytics Cloud system.
- For the most up-to-date documentation, see the specific Connections in the help guide or find step-by-step guides on different data sources at: https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/resources/data-connections.
- For step-by-step instructions to perform the steps above read the blog below in the SAP Analytics Cloud Community:
- If you experience problems, follow this guide to troubleshoot each of the different elements required and review the FAQ note
- Below are additional articles, guides and known issues for each component:
SAP Analytics Cloud System
- 2288285 - What data sources are supported with SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2353843 - Cannot refresh on premise data in SAP Analytics Cloud after system updated
SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- 2531819 - Troubleshooting errors importing SAP Universe (UNX) in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2697026 - Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent & "error code":"rawError":"ERROR_RUNTIME_EXECUTION" in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2319141 - FWM 20030 when importing data from a Universe into SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2322466 - Error HTTP Status 500 when testing the installation of the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent
- 2361117 - SAP Analytics Cloud gives "Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent"
- 2367385 - SAP Analytics Cloud Agent logs show "Connect to SAP gateway failed"
SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (SAPCP SCC / HCC)
- Download the Cloud Connector from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud.
- SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 2305230 - Error: Connection to the Universe failed. Ensure that SAP Cloud for Analytics Agent is configured correctly.
- 2408342 - An authorization problem occurred when downloading the configuration.
- SAP Community Blog - How To reset SAP HANA Cloud Connector(SCC)’s built-in user (e.g. Administrator) password.
- 2756842 - An internal server error occurred in the Data Acquisition Service in SAP Analytics Cloud.
SAP Operations Configuration Required
- Note: As of SAP Analytics Cloud version 2019.15, setting up Data Acquisition between SAC and the SAP Cloud Connector is now fully self service! Previously, the SAP Cloud Operations team was required for this change but now this can be completed by following the steps in article 2397165 - How do I configure SAP HANA Cloud Connector (HCC) and Agent with SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2328435 - SERVER_ERROR_500 /deploymentInfo error message appears in SAP Analytics Cloud when creating Import Data Connection.
- 2330862 - SERVER_ERROR_500 "Failed to call remote system on /service/api/epm/proxy..." while creating new Import Data Connection in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- 2354809 - SAP Analytics Cloud error "Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud agent".
- 2417769 - You can't find the SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD AGENT (C4A_AGENT.war) in the download area of SAP Support Portal.
- 2902697 - SAP Analytics Cloud agent - Frequently Asked Questions and Additional Information
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
acquire, acquisition, import, importing, datasource, onpremise, sql, unx, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, bobj , SAP Analytics Cloud, SCC, HCC, SAC, SAP CP CC, SCPCC , KBA , epm, sap cloud for planning, sc4p, c4p, , import , acquire , cloud agent , businessobjects cloud , c4a_agent , onpremise , boc agent , odestdata is undefined , sap cp hcc sapcpcc , scp hana (neo) - sac - data import , data import scenario supported by scp , data acquisition via cloud connector sac , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem