- Dynamic LOV is not updated.
- Parameter Prompt box is empty.
- Dynamic parameter shows incorrect values.
- Dynamic parameter is missing some values in the List of Values(LOV), in Crystal Reports, or in SAP BI LaunchPad.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, or in SAP BI LaunchPad, refresh a report that contains parameters with a dynamic list of values. (LOV) based on business views.
- When prompted by the parameter, notice the list of values is empty, or missing values, or shows incorrect values.
- There are many components and steps involved in generating a dynamic Lost of Values (LOV), therefore it can potentially fails at any layers.
- When saving a report from Crystal Reports to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, that is based on a relational data sources (not reporting off SAP data source or Universe) and use a dynamic parameter, it automatically generates the following objects on the SAP BusinessObjects Repository:
- Data Connection (DC)
- Data Foundation (DF)
- Business Element (BE)
- Business View (BV)
- List Of Values (LOV)
- LOV Prompt prompt
- And the List of Values object is associated with a new report file saved to the File Repository server.
- When a report with Dynamic List of Values (LOV) is refreshed, it first checks if the list of values are available in the cache of the Crystal Reports Cache Server. If not, it reads all the objects listed above to verify users rights/permissions and locate the List of Values (LOV) associated report in the SAP BusinessObject Repository. Then the report is refreshed and results passed to Parameter's prompt as an html file.
- The steps below allow to manually reproduce some of the steps of the workflow and locate the cause:
- Start Crystal Reports.
- From Crystal Reports, open the report that contains the Dynamic Parameter from the SAP BusinessObjects BI Server.
( When login to the SAP BusinessObjects BI Server, use the same user name that reported the issue, and also perform another test as well with the Administrator account to see if it makes any differences.)
- In the Field Explorer pane, under "Parameters", right click on the dynamic parameter and select: "Edit"
- In the "Parameter" window, take note of the name of the LOV Prompt group associated with the parameter.
In the example below, the LOV Prompt group name is: Country - Prompt Group
- Start the Business View Manager, and login to the SAP BusinessObjects BI Server.
- In the Repository Explorer pane, select the LOV Prompt Group.
- Then click on "Show Referenced Objects" located in the Repository Explorer pane toolbar, it will show all the associated objects:
- Data Connection,
- Data Foundation,
- Business Element,
- Business View,
- List of Values (LOV)
(Note: The report is the exact copy of the report associated with the List of Values (LOV) for schedule LOV )
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016