When hiring from Manage Pending Hires, manager does not get defaulted based on the higher level position of the selected position
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Pending Hires.
2. Click Hire for any of the pending hires.
3. Provide missing entries for required fields and proceed until Job Information step.
Manager is not defaulted based from the position selected.
Search for the selected position in Admin Center >Manage Positions and see that a higher-level position is set for the position.
Check the position organizational chart and see that there is also an incumbent for the position set in the Higher-Level Position.
1. Reselect the position value in the position field.
NOTE: This will only work if a synchronization rule is configured and if the same rule is also assigned as an onChange rule in the position field.
2. Create a rule to default the manager from the selected position.
To create the rule:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Business Rules and create the business rule as follows:
Assign the rule to jobInfo element in Succession data model or through Manage Business Configuration (if enabled).
To assign the rule to the element:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Business Configuration.
2. Click on jobInfo element.
2. Scroll down to Trigger Rules section then assign the rule as below:
3. Save the changes.
ONB-EC Unable to default manager from ONB-EC Manage Pending Hires , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Suite Integration (EC to RCM, ONB, CVP) , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , How To