- Create a dimension with a large amount of dimensions members
- After adding more than 1000 (1 thousand) members to a parent child hierarchy (PCH), the HIERARCHY (tree / parent-child relationships) preview does not appear properly
- Only the selected (high-lighted) child (leaf) member and its parent (member / node) appears in the HIERARCHY preview
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Modeler > Dimension tab
- Create a dimension (the dimension type does not matter - Generic / Organization / Account)
- Copy more than 1000 rows into the dimension and define at least 1 new parent dimension member
- Assign the new parent member to the 1000 dimension members (defined in step 3) in the Hierarchy column
- Observe that the hierarchy preview only appears for the currently selected member
There is a paging strategy for performance reasons that limits the HIERARCHY preview to 1000 rows in a dimension.
Development is aware of this behavior and an enhancement is planned to be released in future.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
dimension, boc, c4a, cloud, planning, generic, hierarchy, tree, parent, expand, child, nodes, hierarchies, node, EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem