When editing a cover page using the "Source" button, any added <html>, <head> or <body> tag styles are shown in the cover page editor but are lost when previewing or saving the page.
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) all versions
Reproducing the Issue
1. Select a cover page and click the gear icon to edit the page then select the source button:
2. If we wanted to change the entire background color we could try adding a body tag:
3. Clicking Preview will only show the text and not the style attributes added to the body:
4. However, clicking the “gear” icon again will show the expected green background:
The HTML container used for the cover page source code does not support editing of top-level tags because these are used by the container after the cover page is saved.
This is why the tags are shown in the editor but do not carry over to the saved cover page.
This is expected behavior for the HTML editor. In order to accomplish whole-page styling a <div> tag must be used with the appropriate height and width attributes. For example:
<div style="padding:20px; height:200px; width:auto; background-color:green;">
For more information on cover pages see Knowledge Base Article 2149181
html, body, head, coverpage, item, page, source, code , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem