You activated the price list approval process in the system. But you find when you releasing a price list, the approval process is not triggered and the status is Approval Not Necessary. The price list is approved automatically.
Reproducing the Issue
User ABC (ABC represents the user id of the logged on user) creates and releases a price list e.g. a Base Price List:
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Price Lists view.
- Click on New and select Base Price List.
- Enter the respective details and items.
- Click on the Release button and select the Release option.
- The price list is released and the approval status is Approval Not Necessary.
Since user ABC has already the authorization for approving the price list and therefore the system has automatically approved it and hence Approval is not Necessary. However if any other user who does not have the release authority, try to do changes and release then the approval process will be triggered.
You can check the authority be following below steps:
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Business Users view.
- Select user ABC and click Edit - Access Rights.
- Go to the Access Restriction tab.
- Select Work Center View ID MMA_SALESPRICEMAINTENANCE.
- You can see your user has unrestricted access.
This is the designed system behaviour. If the creator has price list maintenance authorization, then the price list does not need approval.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To