- This KBA covers how to use the new "Notify Instructor" option in Scheduled Offerings in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Scheduled Offering
- Note that Instructors of the Scheduled Offering are receiving notifications automatically
- The new LRN-12645 enhancement provides admins the ability to use a new template specifically for instructors which can be customized at the Scheduled Offering level
- It provides a much requested functionality to send instructors notifications regarding the Scheduled Offerings they are assigned to
- It can be triggered on adhoc basis for all instructors in the Scheduled Offering
Instructor Notifications can be disabled on the creation of the Scheduled offering in the "3. Resources" section:
- Login as an Administrator
- Navigate to Learning > Scheduled Offering > click "Add New"
- On the "3. Resources" section, uncheck the Notify Instructor tag:
- This will prevent Notifications from being sent to the Instructor for that scheduled offering
For existing Scheduled Offerings, Notify Instructor can be disabled (or enabled) by:
- Login as an Admin
- Navigate to Learning > Scheduled Offering
- Search for the Scheduled Offering you'd like to modify and open it in Edit mode
- Go to Segments
- In the Actions menu on the right, click "Notify Instructors"
- In Notify Instructors, uncheck the instructor(s) to prevent them from receiving notifications:
There currently is not a way to change the default behavior of the "Notify Instructor" option of being checked by default when creating a new Scheduled Offering.
An Enhancement Request has been created for Development to consider for future releases:
- Please add comments to the ER and vote it up.
- Notification for instructors enhancement
- Instructors notification template