- The following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud:
Message: Failed to call SAP Analytic Cloud agent. Please contact your administrator to ensure that SAP Analytics Cloud agent is running, is configured correctly, and is reachable from the SAP HANA Cloud Connector. HTTP Status: /deploymentinfo
- Stack starts with:
- Trying to connect to a Universe in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) throws SERVER_ERROR_500: Message Failed to call remote system on /service/api/epm/proxy by Agent HCPService; Reason: JSON.parse: unexpected character
- Stack starts with: Message: Exception@/sap/fpa/services/core/system/Exception.xsjslib:106
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Configure the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (formerly known as the SAP HANA Cloud Connector) and the SAP Analytics Cloud agent for accessing on-premise data per blog: Enable SAP Analytics Cloud for data acquisition from on-premise systems on the SAP Community page.
- Connect to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
- Create a Connection to an on premise data source such as SAP Business Warehouse.
- Notice the error.
- Internal Host and Port defined in the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector (SCC) mapping does not exist or not reachable.
- HCPService.xshttpdestination setting for your tenant is incorrect.
- If you are getting the HTTP Status:403. PATH :/deploymentinfo likely the Cloud Connector has been configured via the Cloud Connector using another machine and same user or account
How to test the Tomcat deployment.
- Verify that the Internal hostname and port used in the SCC are accessible from the machine running it.
If Tomcat and SCC are running on the same server, use localhost:8080 .
- Verify that the user configured works in Tomcat. Try to access http://localhost:8080/manager/status using that user created. If you get a 403 Access Denied it means that your user is authenticated but it doesn't have access to the status page.
- If the previous step doesn't work, verify the file tomcat-users.xml. If you copied and pasted the line <user username="c4agent"... it is possible that the double quote character is incorrect. Make sure that you edit directly with notepad or a valid text editor in your Operating System.
- Make sure that the port used for the Internal and Virtual hosts are accessible and the server is listening.
- Make sure that the cloud connector it is not configured twice using the same user or account
After testing all the previous steps it is possible that the HCPService.xshttpdestination setting for your tenant is incorrect.
To fix this problem Cloud Operations needs to assign the correct role to your account. Follow these steps to create an incident with Product Support:
- Open an incident using https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#incident/solution
- Make sure you select the component LOD-ANA-BI
- Ask SAP to correct the HCPService.xshttpdestination setting in your tenant
Provide the following information:
- URL of your tenant
- S-User used
- Account Name
- Landscape host
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SERVER_ERROR_500, SAP Cloud for Planning, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, bobj, BW, ERP, UNX, SAP Analytics Cloud , KBA , c4a_agent , server_error_500 , cloud agent , hana cloud connector , hcc , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem bobj, BW, ERP, UNX, SAC, HCC , KBA , c4a_agent , server_error_500 , cloud agent , hana cloud connector , hcc , unable to connect to sac using cloud age , to connect to sac using cloud agent , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem